MY BLOGS

Life brings with a plethora of experiences, each with a flavour of its own. I wish to share with all my readers these various experiences and observations that I have made during my time here on this planet. They may be funny, thought-provoking or simple reflections. I do hope you will find these enjoyable and interesting.

Tuesday 1 March 2011

It's a dogs life




In the past couple of years, there have been a lot of reports in the city's newspapers of children being mauled to death by stray dogs. Even adults are not spared the nightmare of being chased by dogs when riding on two wheelers. every street is populated by packs of stray dogs.



The local administration says they have given a contract to NGO, is to splay the dogs. The NGOs have their own reasons, why they have not managed to achieve their goal. Unfortunately there is nothing being done in the direction of having a oound, where the stray dogs can be relocated.



The hapless victims of this inaction is the public. There is a law forbidding killing of stray dogs, but there is nothing done to protect human beings and their offspring. Don't mistake me, I too love dogs and a defender of animal rights. But then what happened to human rights? So, are dogs more equal than humans or are we children of a lesser god? As they say, "It's a dog's life".

No comments:

Post a Comment